Recipe: Blueberry Matcha Chocolate Bar with Almonds
gluten-free. vegan. dairy-free.
Craving a healthier dark chocolate bar? Look no further. Dressed up in healthy guilt-free extras: freeze dried blueberries, matcha powder, and crushed almonds; this bar makes for a delightful snack.
Best part is how easy this is to make and how much better it is for you than many store-bought candy bars. All that is needed are a handful of ingredients, sourced as you like, and a chocolate bar mold.
Recipe calls for freeze dried blueberries, but dried blueberries should work as well.
Can be made without matcha powder or almonds if that is keeping you from enjoying freshly made chocolate.
For this recipe, crushed almonds are made by pulsating in high speed blender on lower speed.
Blueberry Matcha Chocolate Bar with Almonds
Adrienne H./andsoirise.com | June 30, 2019
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: refrigeration is required
- total time: not long
Servings: makes one bar; 3-4 servings
- 3 T. unrefined coconut oil
- 2 T. cacao powder
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 2 T. crushed almonds
- however many freeze dried or dired blueberries desired
- 1/2 t. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. matcha green tea powder
- Place desired amount of blueberries in chocolate mold (I used around 12-14), and add 2 Tablespoons of crushed almonds, spacing ingredients out.
- Melt coconut oil on low if not already melted. Once melted, remove from eye. Add cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and matcha powder to melted coconut oil removed from heat. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Pour chocolate mixture over mold filled with blueberries and almonds, ensuring corners are filled by spooning chocolate into empty spaces.
- Gently place into refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Once firm, peel chocolate from mold with patience. I had a corner to break during the making of this recipe and it is not uncommon. Don’t worry, it will still taste good!